Iran was in the possession of highly enriched uranium before the US and Israel went to war against that country earlier this year, the head of US Central Command told lawmakers Thursday, Anadolu reports. Asked by a senator on the Senate Armed Services Committee if Iran had uranium enriched up to 60%, Adm. Brad Cooper said, “Yes, sir. They did.” Cooper maintained that there is no civilian use for uranium enriched to that threshold, and said the war has increased the amount of time it would take for Iran to develop a nuclear weapon. The senior military official declined to comment when asked if securing the nuclear material would require the US to put boots on the ground in Iran. […]
This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.
Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor →