Russian envoy warns US and Israel against renewed strikes on Iran
Russian envoy Mikhail Ulyanov criticised reports that the United States and Israel are preparing for a possible resumption of strikes on Iran.
Responding to a New York Times report on X, Ulyanov said that if the reports were accurate, it would suggest Washington and Israel “have not learned lessons from their past strategic mistakes”.
The newspaper reported that US President Donald Trump has not made a final decision, although several military options have reportedly been discussed.
US Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said last week that Washington had plans to “escalate if necessary”.
Western experts believe that the #US and #Israel can resume military strikes against #Iran in the coming days, if not hours. If that is true, it means that the US and Israel do not learn lessons from their past strategic mistakes.
— Mikhail Ulyanov (@Amb_Ulyanov) May 16, 2026
This article was sourced from Middle East Eye.
Read Full Article on Middle East Eye →