The US said Tuesday that it has so far redirected 88 commercial vessels and disabled four others to enforce President Donald Trump’s blockade on ships traveling to and from Iranian ports via the Strait of Hormuz. “CENTCOM forces have redirected 88 commercial vessels, and disabled 4 to ensure total compliance,” US Central Command (CENTCOM) said on US social media platform X. Regional tensions have remained high since the US and Israel launched strikes against Iran on Feb. 28, prompting retaliatory attacks by Tehran against Israel and US allies in Gulf countries, along with the closure of the Strait of Hormuz. A ceasefire took effect on April 8 through Pakistani mediation, but talks in Islamabad failed to produce a lasting agreement. […]
This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.
Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor →