U.S. President Donald Trump speaks to members of the press before boarding Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, United States, on May 12, 2026. [Kyle Mazza - Anadolu Agency]
US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would have resumed strikes on Iran within an hour had he not postponed them earlier in the week at the request of regional allies, as Tehran revealed details of a new proposal to end the war launched by Washington and Israel in February, Anadolu reports. “They knew that we were very close. I would say that I was an hour away from making the decision to go today,” Trump told reporters at the White House. He said the US may deal Iran “another big hit” if the sides fail to reach a permanent agreement in the coming days. “They’re begging to make a deal. I hope we don’t have to do the […]

This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.

Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor