Nickolay Mladenov, UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process gives a speech in Davos, Switzerland on January 22, 2026. [Harun Özalp - Anadolu Agency]
A senior Board of Peace official said Thursday that there is “no recovery” in Gaza despite some progress under a ceasefire deal, Anadolu reports. Nickolay Mladenov, high representative for Gaza, told the UN Security Council that mass destruction, displacement and humanitarian challenges continue to define conditions on the ground. “When I last appeared before you, the framework for the decommissioning of weapons in Gaza had been agreed among the guarantors and presented to the parties, and I told you the engagement was serious. The first written report on the implementation of Security Council Resolution 2803 (2025) of the Board of Peace is now before you,” he said. Noting that there had been limited but important improvements since the ceasefire took hold, […]

This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.

Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor