Premature babies struggle to survive in difficult conditions due to limited fuel supplies and a shortage of medical supplies at the neonatal unit of Al-Hulwa Hospital in Gaza City, Gaza on March 5, 2026. [Khames Alrefi - Anadolu Agency]
The World Health Organization warned on Thursday of the worsening collapse of the health and humanitarian sectors in the Palestinian territories, describing conditions in Gaza Strip, the West Bank and occupied East Jerusalem as a β€œsevere tragedy.” In a statement issued by the WHO Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean, Regional Director Hanan Balkhy said that since October 2023 more than 72,000 people had been killed and around 182,000 injured, with nearly 26,000 additional deaths reported during 2025 alone. Balkhy said that despite the ceasefire announced in October 2025, civilians continue to be killed, humanitarian access remains restricted and health services remain severely disrupted. According to the WHO, no hospital in Gaza is currently fully operational, while northern Gaza no […]

This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.

Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor β†’