The UN said Tuesday that last week saw a surge in security incidents in the Gaza Strip since the announcement of a ceasefire, with humanitarian facilities repeatedly coming under attack, Anadolu reports. Citing the Office of the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), UN spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said during a news conference that “last week saw one of the highest numbers of security incidents since the ceasefire was declared in October of last year.” “Humanitarian facilities came under fire in two separate incidents,” he said, adding that “an airstrike also struck near a UN warehouse, and relief vehicles were damaged by stone throwing.” READ: 6 Israeli brigades deployed in Gaza to pressure Hamas: Report Dujarric urged all parties to “fulfill their obligations […]
This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.
Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor →