Lebanese and Israeli officials will hold another round of talks in Washington as an extended ceasefire approaches its expiry on May 17, according to a State Department official. “There will be talks next Thursday-Friday,” the official told Anadolu on Wednesday, without providing further details on the participants or agenda. A Lebanese source told Anadolu earlier that the new round of discussions will take place at the US State Department headquarters in Washington. The two countries, which lack formal diplomatic relations, previously held two rounds of talks in Washington on April 14 and April 23 amid US efforts to advance diplomatic discussions between the two sides. READ: Israeli army chief says no limits on force in southern Lebanon operations The upcoming meetings […]
This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.
Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor →