Hundreds of Israelis received messages canceling their hotel reservations in the Red Sea resort city of Eilat to make room for US soldiers, Israeli media reported Thursday. Israel’s Channel 24 said Israelis began receiving calls from hotels in Eilat late Wednesday informing them that “reservations from this month through November, including the summer holiday season, had been canceled.” The report said the cancellations came as operations at Ben Gurion Airport remain irregular, due to the repercussions of the war with Iran, limiting Israelis’ ability to plan vacations abroad and increasing reliance on Eilat as a domestic tourism destination. It quoted a source from a hotel chain, which it did not identify, as saying all rooms in affected hotels had been […]
This article was sourced from Middle East Monitor.
Read Full Article on Middle East Monitor →